We understand the concerns related to COVID-19 and the recommendations for social distancing in our community. We are committed to the health of our clients and our Fetch team. Due to the evolving situation with novel coronavirus and related disease (COVID-19), Fetch Specialty & Cancer Veterinary Centers is taking additional precautionary measures for social distancing. We are implementing a mandatory Drop-off Curbside Service for our patients and clients. These additional steps are necessary to help keep our team, doctors, and clients safe while continuing to provide critical patient care to our community. A member from Fetch’s veterinary team will meet clients in the parking area closest to our hospital.
What clients should do when they arrive at the hospital with patients:
1. Call the front desk of the hospital (813)-603-8000 when you arrive at the parking lot.
2. Please remain in your vehicle with your pet.
3. A care professional will discuss your needs by phone when you arrive.
4. At the end of the phone conversation, a care professional will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation.
5. Your pet will be evaluated by the proper service (Emergency Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Radiation Oncology, etc.)
After the medical team evaluates your animal, you will receive a phone call from a nurse or clinician to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
Thereafter, you will receive a phone call from a client service representative to obtain any deposit that may be required via one of our payment methods (credit card, care credit, or cash).
Updates will be given regularly via phone, email, or text message by your medical team. Once the care of your animal is complete, the discharge process will be discussed via phone communication.