Minimum Requirements for Your Pet to Be a Blood Donor
To be eligible as a donor to our veterinary blood bank, your pet must meet the following requirements.
What to Expect at the Appointment
At your pet’s appointment, we’ll perform a thorough physical exam and do the following blood tests:
- CBC (complete blood count)
- Blood profile
- Heartworm test
- Tick disease panel
- Blood typing
Once we receive the results from all the blood tests, we can officially verify whether your pet is fully eligible to be a donor.
The Perks of Being a Fetch Blood Donor
Your pet’s generous blood donations can save and improve animal lives. As a show of our gratitude, we’ll provide you and your pet with the following benefits:
- A free physical exam at each donation visit
- Free monthly flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Free initial infectious disease screening and blood typing
- Free yearly vaccines, bloodwork, and parasite testing
- A unit of red blood cells and plasma (if ever needed) for every unit your pet donates
- A free ER visit at Fetch (if ever needed)
- Snuggles and of course, swag!